Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Other Family Names > Lorenzo D. Krieger

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

I am looking for information on the parents and siblings of Lorenzo D. Krieger (1830-1903).  Lorenzo married Henrietta "Harriet" Weaver (1832-1912).  Lorenzo and his wife appear as a newly married couple in the 1850 census for Hopewell Township, Huntingdon Co., PA.  I do have information on their children that I will gladly share.  I would like to match Lorenzo up with his parents and siblings.

January 17, 2011 at 1:56 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

I'm not sure this is helpful, but I list an Elizabeth Krieger (alt. name Elizabeth Kinger) born 19 Dec 1827 in Pennsylvania.  She married Joseph Detwiler (1827-1905)

JOSEPH DETWILER, died at the home of his daughter, Mrs. T. A. Miller, of Entriken, on Tuesday morning, Jan. 24, of nervous prostration. Deceased was aged 78 years and was highly esteemed in the community in which he lived. He is survived by these children: George and Mrs. Mary J. Rhodes, of Altoona; Mrs. T. A. Miller, Mrs. Davis Enyeart and Mrs. John Richardson, of Entriken; Mrs. H. A. Stinson, of Saxton, and Samuel, of Grafton. The funeral took place at Entriken yesterday.

New Era Journal, Wednesday, February 1, 1905

January 19, 2011 at 9:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Jim, that is really interesting.  Elizabeth could be Lorenzo's sister if she really is indeed a Krieger.  Any idea where she was born or where her family lived?  She and Joseph are both buried in the Entriken Cemetery.  Lorenzo and his family always lived in Lincoln Township, but I think he is buried in one of the Russellville cemeteries.  There was a William Krieger living in very close proximity in one of the census reports that I suspect is probably a brother.  I'll have to go back and look for Elizabeth and Joseph now and see if they were close by as well.

January 20, 2011 at 5:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Other Sites of Interest

Connect with other genealogists on their blogs: