Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Enyeart Family > James E. Enyeart

Jim Gresham

James E. Enyeart served in the Civil War as a Private in the 53rd Regiment, Company C.  He enlisted 17 October 1861 and died 24 December 1861 in Alexandria, VA.  He is buried in Alexandria National Cemetery.  (Some references state that he died in 1863, but his grave marker and many references have the year as 1861.)

I believe he was the son of Thomas Enyeart and Mary Wilson Glasgow.  They had a son named James born in 1833.  Another son, Davis G. Enyeart, also enlisted on 17 October 1861 in the same company.  Davis survived the war. 

I have found no references to James the son of Thomas and Mary after the war, which tends to reinforce my opinion.

I would appreciate any information to confirm or refute my suspicions.

--
December 4, 2010 at 7:51 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

The James Enyeart that I list for Thomas and Mary, I have as being born about 1843.  Looks like the census is my source.  Of course, that is not a reliable source for aging anyone!  I have no further info on their son James.  The member on this site who goes by EFS is a Glasgow researcher.  She might be able to help...

December 5, 2010 at 5:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

I'm pretty sure the 1833 birth date is correct although at least one source indicated 1843.  I don't recall now what the sources are now but I reviewed several and concluded it was 1833.

--
December 5, 2010 at 10:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

I came across some papers in an Enyeart stash.  They confirm that this James was the son of Thomas and Mary.  It also indicates that he was born in 1843, not 1833.  I keep learning!

June 23, 2011 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Other Sites of Interest

Connect with other genealogists on their blogs: