Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Other Family Names > Strong/Robb Family

Jim Strong

Iam looking for info regarding my Great GreatGrandfather Andrew Strong who was married to Sarah Robb.  They arrived from Ireland about 1844 and settled in hartslog valley.  Sarah along with four children were listed in the 1850 census.  Andrew was not listed.  So he may have passed away?? The children's names were Rebecca, Cath, William and James.  James Strong was my great grandfather who was a a civil war vet (Pvt James Strong, Co C, 53rd Inf. Regmt. PA Volunteers 1861-1864)  He married Martha Megahan in 1867 and their son Charles Strong was my grandfather.  He married Carrie Berkey and one of their children was James P. Strong, my father.  I have very little info on what happended to the Andrew Strong family upon arrival in Pa.  Only that Andrew may have passed away and his family went to live with the Robb family.  James worked on the Robb Farm and when the Civil War came about he left the farm and joined the Union Army and thats all I have been able to find out.  In anyone can provide additional info regarding the Andrew Strong Family, it would be greatly appreciately.  Thanks,  Jim Strong

November 24, 2010 at 4:03 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Other Sites of Interest

Connect with other genealogists on their blogs: