Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Isett Family > Rachel Isett Weaver

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Does anyone know anything about the parents of Rachel Isett? There is controversy over when she was born: 1781 or 1798 and when she died: 1857 or 1875. I'm leaning toward the 1798 - 1875 dates. Her parents were supposedly Jacob and Elizabeth Isett. Rachel/Rachael married John Weaver about 1814. Rachel was from the Sinking Valley area of Tyrone Township in Blair County. Out of all the Isett researchers I have corresponded with, no one knows if Rachel had any siblings or anything about her parents. Does anyone have a connection to her Weaver husband?

November 12, 2010 at 1:39 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Lee Campbell

I have Rachel b. 1781 in Lancaster, PA; however I have John Weaver b. 1795 in Huntingdon County.  Therefore I think the 1798 date might be better.  John was son of Samuel.

I have a note for Rachel:

John and Rachel were natives of Sinking Valley,  Huntingdon County were they lived until 1834 when they moved to Centre County near their son John.

Ref. for Rachel's birth:

!BIRTH:LDS  Film Number, 170640 p.336 Ref. 11991

--

November 12, 2010 at 12:35 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Wendy Beaver

Deb (Fisher) Riley at November 12, 2010 at 1:39 AM

Does anyone know anything about the parents of Rachel Isett? There is controversy over when she was born: 1781 or 1798 and when she died: 1857 or 1875. I'm leaning toward the 1798 - 1875 dates. Her parents were supposedly Jacob and Elizabeth Isett. Rachel/Rachael married John Weaver about 1814. Rachel was from the Sinking Valley area of Tyrone Township in Blair County. Out of all the Isett researchers I have corresponded with, no one knows if Rachel had any siblings or anything about her parents. Does anyone have a connection to her Weaver husband?

Rachel was my 4th great grandmother. Rachel died 5 March 1857 and was intered at the Nearhoof Cemetery - Warriors Mark Twp. - Huntingdon Co. - PA. John Weaver died 23 June 1872 and is buried with his wife. I have quite a bit of info on the Weavers.

--

Keep on Huntin'

July 11, 2011 at 4:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events