Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Family Names Roll Call > Deb Riley is researching...

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Norris

Fisher

Riley

Garner

Isett

Harker

Beaver

Shultz

Swope

Contact me at dafisher@pennswoods.net if you are researching any of the same names.

August 28, 2010 at 10:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Esther Parsons

I am researching Beaver & Shultz too....

December 5, 2010 at 2:59 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

I am interested in the Beaver and Shultz families because of their close connection to the Enyeart family. 

I would be especially like to learn more about Malinda Detwiler-Shontz-Enyeart-Shultz if you have any information.

--
December 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Mark V. Johnston
I am a descendent of Elizabeth Shultz (1816-1882), daughter of John Shultz and Mary Beaver. Elizabeth was the wife of William Johnston (1812-1891)
December 6, 2010 at 3:27 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Esther Parsons

Cousins gallore!! 

Mark.....I have Elizabeth & her husband, Wm. Johnston's information (to a degree), but I was clueless on Elizabeth's mother.  Do you have dates and parent info for Mary Beaver?

Thanks!

Cousin Esther

December 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Esther Parsons

Jim.....do you have dates for Malinda??

And that brings up another Enyeart question I've had for a while. 

Deb....do you have any info on the short lived marriage between Thomas Enyart (1793-1837) and Elizabeth Beaver (1794 - 1867) that produced a daughter, Mary Ann Enyeart (1815-1850). 

Thanks,

Esther

December 6, 2010 at 11:38 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

Esther,

I can fill in some information.  Apparently Thomas Enyeart and Elizabeth Beaver were not married but were the parents of Mary Ann.  I will follow up with more details later.

I will also provide dates and details on Malinda

--
December 6, 2010 at 12:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Esther Parsons at December 6, 2010 at 11:19 AM

Cousins gallore!! 

Mark.....I have Elizabeth & her husband, Wm. Johnston's information (to a degree), but I was clueless on Elizabeth's mother.  Do you have dates and parent info for Mary Beaver?

Thanks!

Cousin Esther

For Elizabeth's mother, Mary Beaver (1798-185eight), I have that she was the daughter of Anthony Beaver (1761-1839) and Susanna Clapper.  I have that Susanna Clapper was the daughter of Emanuel Clapper.  However, I do not have any dates for Susanna.  I do list some siblings for her.

December 6, 2010 at 5:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Esther Parsons

Thanks Deb!  Any idea how many times these two families intermarried?

December 6, 2010 at 7:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Esther Parsons at December 6, 2010 at 11:38 AM

Jim.....do you have dates for Malinda??

And that brings up another Enyeart question I've had for a while. 

Deb....do you have any info on the short lived marriage between Thomas Enyart (1793-1837) and Elizabeth Beaver (1794 - 1867) that produced a daughter, Mary Ann Enyeart (1815-1850). 

Thanks,

Esther

Esther, I do not know anything more.  All of my info matches yours.  I just know that Thomas Enyeart second married Mary Berk on 10/14/1819 in Butler County, OH.  I list Thomas and Elizabeth as being married, but perhaps Jim is correct and they never married.  I can't confirm or deny the marriage.  Elizabeth Beaver would be a sister to Mary Beaver, who married John Shultz.  Elizabeth Beaver second married David Shultz and had at least 11 children with him.  Her daughter to Thomas Enyeart, Mary Ann Enyeart, married Daniel Shultz and had at least 9 children.  I love how all these names intertwine!

December 6, 2010 at 7:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

Malinda Detwiler Shontz Enyeart Shultz

Malinda was born 10 September 1862.

Her first marriage was to William Henry Shontz who died in 1886. She married Davis Enyeart on 25 October 1891. They had two children, Warren Leslie and Vera. Davis died in 1905.

She married William Henry Shultz on 13 October 1907. This was also his third marriage.

Malinda died 22 September 1950 in Altoona.

--
December 6, 2010 at 10:02 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lhakel/beatieancestors/aqwg06.htm#3165

This site is where I got the information on Thomas and Elizabeth and Mary Ann.

Mary Ann had 10 children and died when the youngest was seven months old.

It is interesting that David and Daniel Shultz were brothers -- it leads to interesting family descriptions!

December 6, 2010 at 10:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Esther Parsons

Deb....I figured out why I didn't have Mary (Elizabeth's mother) in my tree.  I had her name listed as Margaret; that's what was throwing me off.

Jim.....was Malinda's 3rd husband, William Henry Shultz, the son of Anthony Beaver Shultz & Elizabeth Fouse??  I have them in my tree, but I had not started working on his marriages and family yet. 

The Beatie Ancestry site is awesome!  Thank you!!  I've seen bits and pieces of the same information before, but never all on one site.  Can't wait to map it all out!

Esther

December 7, 2010 at 12:19 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Jim Gresham

Yes, that's the William Henry.    His first marriage was to Margaret Summers and the second to Minnie Simpson.

December 7, 2010 at 8:12 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Other Sites of Interest

Connect with other genealogists on their blogs: