Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Norris Family > Harrison Norris

Carolyn Carroll

Debbie:  I was wonder if Harrison Norris born 1844 who married Eunice foor in Rays Cove is connected to your Norris's.  I can not find his parents. 

--
August 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Carolyn Carroll at August 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Debbie:  I was wonder if Harrison Norris born 1844 who married Eunice foor in Rays Cove is connected to your Norris's.  I can not find his parents. 

I have a Harrison Norris born in 1844, but I have him married to a Eunice Mowery.  Was Eunice married before or after?  I have them with children:  Grant, Catharine, Minerva, Eli, Margaret, Martha, Mary, William, Estella, and Clara.  Harrison's parents were James Norris (1809-1870) and Christina Carnahan (1806-1874).  I do not have anything on James' parents.  Is this the same line?

August 28, 2010 at 2:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolyn Carroll

Yes that is the EXACT line.  Was James from Woodcock Valley?

August 30, 2010 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Carolyn Carroll

Where did you find him listed as their child?  I had his mother as Sallie with NO father. 

August 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Carolyn Carroll at August 30, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Where did you find him listed as their child?  I had his mother as Sallie with NO father. 

I do not think James was from the Woodcock Valley line of Norris names.  The only record I list for this line is the 1880 census for Brush Creek, Fulton Co., PA.  I do have a note to myself that this information was given to me by another researcher and needed to be confirmed.  I didn't list who gave the info to me (I wasn't so good at documenting when I first started!).  I do list that James was born in Ireland and died in Butler Co., PA.  If he was born in Ireland in 1809, then any chance of being related to my line of Norris' would be slim to none as mine go back into the 1700s in America.  Many of the children I have for James are listed as being born in Allegheny Co., PA.  I have no idea why I have info on this family other than I was probably collecting any and all Norris names and held on to him in case I ever found a connection.  Are you somehow related?  Can you confirm Sallie as his mother?

August 30, 2010 at 7:39 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Beverly Harker

I am looking for the parents of Jane Norris who married David Beaver Harker in Huntingdon Co. Apr. 3,1834. She was born Dec. 1,1816, died May 30, 1870 in Williams Co. OH. She is buried in Farnham CemeteryWilliams Co, OH.

--

David Beaver Harker

September 4, 2010 at 12:27 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

Carolyn Carroll at August 27, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Carolyn, I was going through obituaries and typing them up for the website, and I found this one:

Grant Levi Norris died 11/3/1957 at Lebanon Veteran's Administration Hospital.  He was born 4/17/1888 at Everett, a son of Harrison and Eunice Norris.  He married Rosie Bequeath.  Children include:  George L., Robert James, and Mrs. Paul Smith.  Siblings include:  Clara, Virginia Spencer.  He was a veteran of WW I from 9/18/1917 to 6/11/1919 with Co. C., 305th Engineers.  Burial in Everett Cemetery.

This is just my notes from the obituary I found at the Huntingdon County Historical Society.

September 7, 2010 at 5:52 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Other Sites of Interest

Connect with other genealogists on their blogs: