Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Other Family Names > Watson Family

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

I am at a brick wall with my Watson ancestor.  James Watson was born about 1820 and died July 8, 1898 in Altoona, Blair Co., PA.  He married Mary A. White (abt. 1830-1895) sometime between 1850 and 1853.  James and his family moved a lot.  In the 1860 census, he was living in Jackson Township, Huntingdon County.  In 1870, he was in Union Township, Mifflin County.  In 1880, he was living in Altoona, Blair County.

I would love to know definitively who the parents of James Watson were.  In the 1850 census, there are two James Watsons, both age 27.  One was living with the James Campbell family as a laborer in Porter Township, Huntingdon County.  The other was living at home with Sarah Watson, age 70, and a brother John, age 30, in West Township, Huntingdon County.  I don't know which one is my James, or even if he may have been enumerated twice - once at home and once at his employer's.

The Sarah Watson, age 70, in the 1850 census, appears to be a widow.  I did find a record that there was a James Watson who married Sarah Grey on February 16, 1802.  However, I can't be positive these Sarah's are the same!

Can anyone help with information on James Watson?

August 20, 2010 at 7:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Other Sites of Interest

Connect with other genealogists on their blogs: