Genealogy of the Woodcock Valley

Huntingdon County, Pennsylvania

Forums

Forum Home > Isett Family > James K. Isett (1813-1863)

Deb (Fisher) Riley
Site Owner

I am looking for more information on the parents of James K. Isett.  I know that his mother's name was Elizabeth and that she remarried someone with the last name of Matthew before 1820.  It seems that James K. Isett's father left the family according to the following court document:

Huntingdon County Orphans Court C, File K, No. 34, pg. 80

"The petition of Elizabeth Matthew late Elizabeth Isett humbly sheweth that your petitioner has a son named James Isett who is a minor under the age of fourteen years whose father your petitioners late husband has absconded his family and gone to parts unknown to your petitioner, and left his said son without any person to provide for the care of his person or property. Wherefore, your petitioner prays the court to appoint some suitable person to be guardian of the said minor and she was in duty bound will pray (some kind of mark) Whereupon it is considered by the court and ordered that Thomas Lloyd be and he hereby is appointed guardian of the said minor." April 1820

Thomas Lloyd was appointed legal guardian of James in 1820 when James was 7. He was then bound out to a farmer named Moore in Walker Township. In 1836, James K. Isett married Elizabeth Garner (1816-1889), daughter of John Matthew Garner and Mary Angle Brumbaugh.  Together, James and Elizabeth Isett had 11 children.  The family lived in the Marklesburg/Penn Township area.

August 16, 2010 at 6:37 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

If you are searching for more information, please

Contact Me

You can also visit my personal family database at 

Rootsweb

Join Us on Facebook

Pinterest

Upcoming Events

No upcoming events

Other Sites of Interest

Connect with other genealogists on their blogs: